Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weight setup with ACTION GIMBA, Can foam protection help ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Weight setup with ACTION GIMBA, Can foam protection help ?

    Hello luuv developers !
    I'm Demian from Argentina, the one who Fedex lost the package and then it luckly recovered it !

    Well, I'm here after long time trying to setup the SOLIDLUUV + ACTION GIMBALL (with Gopro Hero 3+ Black), I followed the tutorial and it was really useful. I think my concern will be helpful for everybody, not just gopro users.

    The recommended weight setup was a good starting point ( A1-12 / B4-3 / C1-4 / D1-6 ) and then I slighly put my fingers on it, ended up with A2-13 / B4-3 / C1-4 / D6-6

    The problem is with the Action Gimball movement, as almost always it's moving (off or on) it's dificult to do fine adjustments. I get almost perfet static balance but when I stand up and play around with real movement the Solidluuv seems unbalanced.

    I'm sure you understand what I mean, so here is my question: is a good idea/procedure to fit the foam protection in order to block the action gimball movement and then do the weight adjustments ? To do so, it need to add weight on the solidluuv base to compensate the foam weight, then remove it after reach perfect balance.

    cheers !













  • #2
    Hi Demian, Thanks a lot for your question! First of all, thanks a lot for the great idea and suggestion to set up ultraLUUV with the foam protection! However, we would recommend setting up the device without the foam protection as this makes it harder in our experience as the counterweights in the lower part would have to balance the Gimbal + foam exactly which might require more effort than just removing weight plates when removing the foam again. Please start with our recommended setup (please note that it might differ up to one small weight plate for each individual product) and continue trying with the gimbal switched on when testing the balance and off when rearranging the plates- you'll get the hang of it pretty soon Please remember for ultraLUUV (in opposite to solidLUUV) to leave your thumb and index finger gently on the grip when testing the balance.
    Kind regards, Tobias - teamLUUV

    Comment


    • Tobias_LUUV
      Tobias_LUUV commented
      Editing a comment
      Please remember that you can also always do fine-adjustments by using the adjustment ring. Thanks!

  • #3
    Originally posted by Tobias_LUUV View Post
    Hi Demian, Thanks a lot for your question! First of all, thanks a lot for the great idea and suggestion to set up ultraLUUV with the foam protection! However, we would recommend setting up the device without the foam protection as this makes it harder in our experience as the counterweights in the lower part would have to balance the Gimbal + foam exactly which might require more effort than just removing weight plates when removing the foam again. Please start with our recommended setup (please note that it might differ up to one small weight plate for each individual product) and continue trying with the gimbal switched on when testing the balance and off when rearranging the plates- you'll get the hang of it pretty soon
    Thanks Tobias for your comment, You've more experience balancing it than me, I will proceed with the way you said focusing on the guides and recommendations.


    Originally posted by Tobias_LUUV View Post
    Please remember for ultraLUUV (in opposite to solidLUUV) to leave your thumb and index finger gently on the grip when testing the balance.
    Kind regards, Tobias - teamLUUV
    Sorry, I don't get it, could you explain more about it, maybe I'm confuse.
    thanks.



    Comment


    • Tobias_LUUV
      Tobias_LUUV commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Demian, Please excuse any confusion. Kindly have a look at solidLUUV Tutorial Video 2 https://youtu.be/u4Hhze6_4JU (as of min 12:25) to learn about the best way to test/check the balance. Thank you!

    • ebola5114
      ebola5114 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi, thanks Tobias, very useful, I followed the instruction on the manual but videos are more user frienly. So, are you recommending to leave my thumb and index finger gently on the grip (of solidluuv body) when doing those balance tests, aren't you ? I don't understand why, Is this to prevent the crazy motions that generally do the LuuvAction when doing tests ?

  • #4
    Hi Demian, When doing the balancing tests, please grab ultraLUUV ACTION as explained in the solidLUUV Tutorial 2 (i.e. without fingers on the grip). When filming while walking around etc. we advise to operate ultraLUUV ACTION by gently touching the grip with thumb and index finger as shown in the ultraLUUV ACTION tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jnKLK8ZExQ
    Thanks, Tobias

    Comment


    • #5
      Originally posted by Tobias_LUUV View Post
      Hi Demian, When doing the balancing tests, please grab ultraLUUV ACTION as explained in the solidLUUV Tutorial 2 (i.e. without fingers on the grip). When filming while walking around etc. we advise to operate ultraLUUV ACTION by gently touching the grip with thumb and index finger as shown in the ultraLUUV ACTION tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jnKLK8ZExQ
      Thanks, Tobias
      Thanks Tobias, I followed the two tutorials I ended up with better balance than before. After step test 1, the key was not to modify the weight instead just distribute it

      If anyone is interested:

      SOLIDLUUV + ACTION GIMBALL (with Gopro Hero 3+ Black)
      • Default starting point for this setup: A1-12 / B4-3 / C1-4 / D1-6
      • My goal: A2-13 / B4-4 / C2-7 / D3-5
      cheers !

      Comment

      Working...
      X